You don’t have to be a webmaster in order to customize the signature on your Microsoft Outlook email. Just follow the easy steps below to create a signature that reinforces your web persona.
To add an image to your signature
- Start by selecting the graphic or logo that you want as part of your signature.
- Save the graphic/ logo of your preference to your computer. For ease of access this can be done right on your desktop.
- Open your MS Outlook account.
- In Outlook (usually at the top) go to Tools and then go to Options. You should see some tabs; click on the Mail Format tab.
- Under Mail Format go to the Signatures. In your Signature box, select where you want to put the image
- Click on the picture icon that has a mountain and a sun in a box. A window will pop up with your files.
- Go to the folder where you saved the graphic / logo and click insert to get the icon. The icon should show up in the signatures.
To Connect the Image in your signature to Facebook or your website:
- Make sure you are not logged into Facebook before you start. (You will need the URL to be displayed without extra stuff on it)
- In Outlook select the image. It should show with a black border around it with squared dots inside.
- Click on the hyperlink icon that is next to the picture icon that has looks like the earth with a chain in front.
- A window will pop up and this is where you will enter your Facebook link or the link to your website.
- Make sure the button on the left called Existing File or Web page is selected. No need to look in the documents folder here.
- After that, click on ok and ok to exit.
- You can repeat these steps to add other icons with different links as well.